Roadjustice petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Signed.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Hate to go on , but one of McCourts sycophantic friends recently tweeted , and i`m not a follower or fan of Twitter, that " all cyclists should stay on their bikes and out of the courts". This scumbag attitude really gets to me because McCourt killed 2 people with his driving in separate incidents . McCourt has also re-tweeted the previous comment whilst telling the courts how remorseful he is . Sorry to be aggressive on this , but McCourt is a total waste of human life and I for one despise his ilk/attitude.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I handed one to my local PCC (I am a CTC Local Campaigner and Road Justice Campaigner). The purpose of the report and petition are just for PCC's (it says to implement the recommendations).
I dont think the public can implement the recommendations.

Nothing from stopping you showing your support though.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Matthew...T
"I dont think the public can implement the recommendations."

Well of course the public cannot implement the recommendations, the whole point of petitions is for the public to voice their feelings .The more that sign the louder the voice.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

True. I was just giving my opinion as a representative of the company.

To what end?, so people would think "oh well Mathew..T knows what he`s talking about so lets not sign because it`ll make no difference"
This isn`t about "the company or it`s representatives" it`s about justice for Mrs Fyfe and other cyclists killed and maimed by idiot irresponsible drivers and the fact that everyone can voice their concerns. .

fudgepanda

Also signed.

I have another interest in this kind of incident in as much as I've been a Driving Instructor for 26 years. As a profession, ADIs should always have been making their pupils more aware of cyclists. However, long before I started riding a bike (again) I stepped up the amount of emphasis I put on dealing with cyclists mainly after the Highway Code was revised and more emphasis in that publication was placed on so-called "Vulnerable Road Users" which included motorcyclists (me) and pedestrians (also me). But more importantly now, cyclists. I can't help but think the law of unintended consequences applies here in as much as more cyclists = more awareness of cyclists. However, more cyclists also means more potential victims. Instructors need to up their game concerning people on bicycles but equally, the powers of law and order need to also raise the bar. In the case of Gary McCourt, no amount of top flight instruction would have avoided the deaths of his victims, which is where the Cops and Courts come into the equation. Ironically, as this story is topical on here, Greater Manchester Police have been responding to complaints by drivers and pedestrians concerning cyclists. So far this year, 451 offences have been reported.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
To what end?
I was giving clarity into who the petition is designed for and who RJ want to sign it. There is nothing wrong with the public signing it because it shows their support but RJ are looking for the PCC's to sign it (which mine actually said he wouldnt do because it doesnt show any movement).

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'd be happy to sign it, too, but my postcode might get lost in translation. My best wishes go with you all, though - I hope the petition's wildly successful! :smile:

Top Bottom