Roadjustice petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

I was giving clarity into who the petition is designed for and who RJ want to sign it. There is nothing wrong with the public signing it because it shows their support but RJ are looking for the PCC's to sign it (which mine actually said he wouldnt do because it doesnt show any movement).

The petition is for everyone ,there is no preference as to who signs it otherwise I wouldn`t have been sent it to sign . If it doesn`t "show any movement" then it would remain at a standstill without anyone signing it which is not the case. I didn`t put the link on here for you or anyone else to start going on about how RJ are looking for only PCC`s to sign it , i`ve put the link on for people to sign because they might agree with the cause . If you want to sign or not that`s up to you .

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The petition is for everyone ,there is no preference as to who signs it otherwise I wouldn`t have been sent it to sign . If it doesn`t "show any movement" then it would remain at a standstill without anyone signing it which is not the case. I didn`t put the link on here for you or anyone else to start going on about how RJ are looking for only PCC`s to sign it , i`ve put the link on for people to sign because they might agree with the cause . If you want to sign or not that`s up to you .
I think you've got confused. My PCC said that him signing it doesnt show him actually making changes. He said it would be much more beneficial if he implemented the solutions we agreed on. He also said that most of the bullet points are on a National scale, something he on his own cannot do anything about.
When i met him i got the impression that he was just fobbing me off a little. With him refusing to even look at the petition and also claiming that cycling is dangerous because "Cyclists dont use the cycle facilities provided which are safer". I just said that cycling is safe, its other motorists that cause problems, and that most cycle facilities are inconveniences to use as they are slow and often dont take you where you want to go.
He kind of put-putted that and just changed the subject.

I didnt really appreciate him debating everything that was in the report.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

I think you've got confused. My PCC said that him signing it doesnt show him actually making changes. He said it would be much more beneficial if he implemented the solutions we agreed on. He also said that most of the bullet points are on a National scale, something he on his own cannot do anything about.
When i met him i got the impression that he was just fobbing me off a little. With him refusing to even look at the petition and also claiming that cycling is dangerous because "Cyclists dont use the cycle facilities provided which are safer". I just said that cycling is safe, its other motorists that cause problems, and that most cycle facilities are inconveniences to use as they are slow and often dont take you where you want to go.
He kind of put-putted that and just changed the subject.

I didnt really appreciate him debating everything that was in the report.

I really don`t care what and or if , either sign the petition or not , your choice . I didn`t put the link up for a protracted conversation of the if ands or whys with you , the fact is petitions work because people contribute to them , you just seem to want to impart your "inner" knowledge of the situation which , to be honest, is of no interest to me whatsoever. I`ve signed it and hopefully others will what happens to it then is out of our collective hands , hopefully it will have some impact.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBz4c9welNQnYyOXIWjSgycxIvrqP7zDpLZv6opr-KCh8ktPzn.png

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Here`s a copy of the email I received from RJ , I suggest you take note of the section "Take Action". If you have a problem with or don`t think the petition is worth doing then I suggest you contact Rhia Weston at RJ and voice your considerable opinion with her . People like you devalue other people actually trying to do something , as for your little report on what your boss said and thought , who gives a toss ?

Petition the police
The police can also do more to discourage bad driving and facilitate access to justice – by investigating road incidents thoroughly, allocating sufficient resources to roads policing, and supporting victims of road crime. The Road Justice campaign is petitioning the police to take bad driving seriously by pledging to implement the campaign’s recommendations. 8000 people have already signed the petition; will you help us reach 20,000 signatures?

Take action: Please sign the Road Justice petition. If you've already signed, please share the petition with your friends and family by copying the text below into an email.

Text to send to your friends:
"So far this year, 60 cyclists have been killed in the UK. More must be done to prevent further unnecessary deaths and injuries. The justice system needs to send out a strong signal that irresponsible driving will be dealt with seriously and actively discouraged.

CTC’s Road Justice campaign is demanding stronger, better enforced road traffic law to stop cyclists being unnecessarily killed and injured. I have signed the Road Justice petition calling on police forces in England and Wales to give a higher priority to roads policing. Please sign it too, it only takes a minute"
Thank you for supporting Road Justice,
Rhia
Road Justice co-ordinator

Top Bottom