Roasting potatoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
'Cos it makes 'em taste yummy! :okay: Next daft question... ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to raise your blood pressure.

It's probably high enough with all that salt. ;)

Chris S

Legendary Member
I use Aldi tinned potatoes. They already cooked so it's just a case of rolling them in salt and olive oil to make them go crispy.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
If I'm having them with roast beef, I'll add some of the juices from the roast to the pan before shaking.
You could cook them in the roasting tin with the beef, the fat and the juices make them taste wonderful. When the beef is cooked allow that to rest and turn up the heat to crisp the spuds off.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I tried it one Christmas as we had some vegetarian friend for dinner. I was surprised how good they were, the friends commented on how nice they were as well.
I had always used lard, lika wotta momma useda do, but when I was advised to cut down on animal fats I decided to give the olive oil a go and it was a revelation. Never looked back. And I get many compliments on my roasties. Salt & all. ;)

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
***SUCCESS***

(It was heating the oil before roasting)

IMG_9457.JPG

IMG_9454.JPG

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
No gravy ? Philistine !! I adore a good gravy and a roast dinner isn't complete without it. Next it'll be wholemeal bread for a bacon doorstop :ohmy:

Well, gravy was produced to reheat food, not as a sauce. And I find Sauvignon Blanc is all the sauce I need with chicken...

Top Bottom