Rocket ship from Cervelo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
CD8-MngUsAAoNsT.jpg_large.jpg

Citius

lol at that cassette - is he riding up Everest... ;)

goody

Veteran
lol at that cassette - is he riding up Everest... ;)

Or is it 1X11.

screenman

Legendary Member
Good point - no front mech. Still a silly dinner-plate cassette though ;)

Silly for what type of course, have you done may iron mans? they are not all pan flat. One my eldest did last year was up Alpe D'huez swim at the bottom run at the top with a 110k ride in between.

Km 101 to 115 (The climb up to Alpe d'Huez)
The first six bends up to La Garde are awful – the climb is steep and the heat is stifling, so be patient and don't hesitate to use your easiest gear ratio. Between La Garde and Saint-Féréol (bends 16 to 7) you'll be smiling again, as the gradient is less steep, and you too are now part of the legend of this route that has seen a century of great cycling champions go by. You should use each bend to revive and recover. It'll still be very hot, so don't hesitate to spray yourself. Between Saint-Féréol and the Patte d'Oie (bends 7 to 3): here you go above 1500 m in altitude, so it will be a little less hot. Take advantage of the Huez crossing to catch your breath, because the difficulties will come back starting with bend No. 4.
Between the Patte d'Oie and the finish line, the steep climbs are back and they are exacerbated by a new problem, the wind that blows on the summit.

Citius

Silly for what type of course, have you done may iron mans? they are not all pan flat. One my eldest did last year was up Alpe Duez swim at the bottom run at the top with a 110k ride in between.

That patently isn't a bike for hills. That's all I'm saying.

Top Bottom