Rockshox compression control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Hi, I’ve just bought this fork - Rockshox 30 solo silver
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rockshox-30-silver-solo-air-suspension-forks-2017/rp-prod154232
It has a pop lock compression adjuster on the fork crown that is either on or off with a cable, the fork didn’t come with the cable and lever. The question is, can this fork be converted to a manual lever on the crown?
From this

To this?

Any help or info appreciated

Levo-Lon

Guru
Usually you can buy a manual one so have a google.

Similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox...753897&hash=item2ce5fa17bb:g:BZYAAOSw~SJcccgm

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly

Levo-Lon

Guru
I wondered if it would be as simple as just changing the knob but I think I need to change the whole damper as I believe mine is turnkey but what I need is motion control, although the one you liked to is for a recon not a 30 so not sure if it fits or whether they are all interchangeable?

No sadly the pop lock ones are spring control.
That said you may be able to remove the spring but it would be a bodge.

I didnt see a 30 but there should be a turn type.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
No sadly the pop lock ones are spring control.
That said you may be able to remove the spring but it would be a bodge.

I didnt see a 30 but there should be a turn type.
Yeah I’ve read about disconnecting the spring but not sure if turn key has actual variable damping, or is just on or off? Which would lead me to think I might need to change the whole internal rather than just the spring.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I’ve also seen people using an old style non index thumb lever instead of the poploc, not sure if you’d still have to remove the spring though or whether the lever would be tight enough to hold it under spring pressure, so you could use that to adjust the compression damping?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I’ve also seen people using an old style non index thumb lever instead of the poploc, not sure if you’d still have to remove the spring though or whether the lever would be tight enough to hold it under spring pressure, so you could use that to adjust the compression damping?

The spring is strong.

All these do is stop oil flow or regulate it so you may well be able to use original without a spring and fit a lever.
Might need a shim to tighten its movement

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
The spring is strong.

All these do is stop oil flow or regulate it so you may well be able to use original without a spring and fit a lever.
Might need a shim to tighten its movement
Yeah I’ve heard of an o ring under the blue cap to add a bit of resistance.

D

Deleted member 26715

Top Bottom