Roe deer and their white bottoms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Boom boom

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Reminds me of a pic from one of Spike Milligan's 'My part in his downfall' series of ranked Tommies from the Rourkes Drift sort of era, captioned: 'Note crossed webbing on chests to make them an easier target.'

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Reminds me of a pic from one of Spike Milligan's 'My part in his downfall' series of ranked Tommies from the Rourkes Drift sort of era, captioned: 'Note crossed webbing on chests to make them an easier target.'

Arch

Married to Night Train
Lisa21 said:
Its to protect the herd......camouflage would give the individuals safety but the flash of white will alert the rest giving them all more chance of gettin away.

Yeah, I reckon that's it - also the white will be most obvious when the deer move fast. Moving slowly, or not at all while browsing, it won't show up so much. And the confusion thing works too, same principle of zebras, one animal is hard to pick out from the herd.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Lisa21 said:
Its to protect the herd......camouflage would give the individuals safety but the flash of white will alert the rest giving them all more chance of gettin away.

Yeah, I reckon that's it - also the white will be most obvious when the deer move fast. Moving slowly, or not at all while browsing, it won't show up so much. And the confusion thing works too, same principle of zebras, one animal is hard to pick out from the herd.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Lisa21 said:
Its to protect the herd......camouflage would give the individuals safety but the flash of white will alert the rest giving them all more chance of gettin away. Gawd knows what they'd think if they saw mine...its so white they'd think armageddon was coming:rofl:;):rofl::laugh:
This thread is worthless without pictures:
th_donkey.jpg
:?:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Lisa21 said:
Its to protect the herd......camouflage would give the individuals safety but the flash of white will alert the rest giving them all more chance of gettin away. Gawd knows what they'd think if they saw mine...its so white they'd think armageddon was coming:rofl::smile::rofl::smile:
This thread is worthless without pictures:
th_donkey.jpg
:smile:

02GF74

Über Member
Yellow Fang said:
You'd have thought white was a bad colour for the bottom area.

try telling that to a polar bear.

whilst we';re on the subject of camouflage, why don't mammals have green fur? Surely that'll be a great colour for hiding amongst the leaves?

Top Bottom