Roger the Hilldoger opened the Tour the France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
He was the opening 'talent'.

Apparently he had his 'act' all rehearsed and beautifully crafted to exactly fill his allocated 30 minute slot, only to have the TV producer tell him as he went on stage to cut it by nearly half as they were going earlier than expected to a live TV hook up. I thought he coped quite well.

Wobbly John

Veteran
Indeed he did open the show in Trafalgar Square, and yes I had 5 seconds of fame on stage on the Wobblebike :rolleyes:

All the teams tour bikes were backstage while we were waiting, but the riders were not around when we went on. I was waiting near the Quickstep team bikes and was able to fondle Tom Boonen's bike :blush:

If anybody took photos of me at le Tour, I'd love to see them!

Wow, just about recovered from the whole weekend!

Cyclemagic has had loads of offers of work all over the UK and even in France!

The opening ceremony was a little bit stressful to say the least - mainly because my rehearsed bit was cut in half while I was on stage and I just had to make it up as I went along! I did get a hand written card from the Executive Producer saying I did a brilliant job and that she would like to work with me (and Cyclemagic) again. :tongue:

Roger... great work sir... i gave a hearty cheer when you walked on the stage.

loved the stand in the village.

John, great work too... i watched you as i sat drinking coffee after the prologue, you were bemusng people in the park on the bike.

great show chaps.

L

Hilldodger said:
Wow, just about recovered from the whole weekend!

I did get a hand written card from the Executive Producer saying I did a brilliant job and that she would like to work with me (and Cyclemagic) again. :smile:

Did yer get to meet Katie Derham, eh, y'know, nudge nudge, wink wink? Did yer? Would yer, y'know, nudge nudge, wink wink? :?: :tongue:

Well done on a job, er, well done. :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I remember see that guy at on the High St in Edinburgh during the festival one year, he was betting people that couldn't ride 10m without falling off or putting a foot down.

Top Bottom