Roll on Saturday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
This might be my first ride since October as the weather looks promising. I wonder if my legs will remember what cycling is? Will I get another chance before the end of the year? Who is a similar position? I am talking about leisure cycling here, not commuting.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This might be my first ride since October as the weather looks promising. I wonder if my legs will remember what cycling is? Will I get another chance before the end of the year? Who is a similar position? I am talking about leisure cycling here, not commuting.

I've just started riding again after my operation in September: 10 miles done in November, 160 done this month and hopefully a couple more rides before the end of 2017.

Oldbloke

Guru
Just 2 rides in last 3 weeks, weather has been dire, wet, icy, muddy slippery roads just don't tempt me!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Even if your legs forget, I am sure there is a chance your arse will remember. :laugh:

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
I've only just started going on leisure rides now I've finished work for the year, combination of covering peoples shifts and ice had stopped me before that

Sharky

Guru
Been a similar autumn. Was off to a bad start in January, with a fractured pelvis, but recovered enough to ride a dozen TT's and was racing until the end of August, but holidays in September and whole string of house DIY brought my riding to zero and the last few weeks getting ready for family to stay with us over Christmas. So it will have to be an old fashioned start to the season and blitz it from early January.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, I chicken out of going for a ride. In winter, my motivation goes down to zero so I guess it will come back when the weather warms up in the spring. In the meantime, back to the turbo ( only now and again though ).

Top Bottom