Roll on summer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
HobbesChoice said:
:sad: Where did you hear that from summerdays?

The weather man on the radio this morning and also our local TV evening forecast... both seemed to be saying "If you have anything to do ... do it on Sat ... NOT Sunday", they also mentioned damaging strength winds and snow potential on the back edge of the storm ... hence why I was surprised Metcheck was just showing 14 mph when I checked it.

potsy

Rambler
fossyant said:
Bit milder today, but the roads are covered in a greasy black damp goo - bloody slippy - had the back end step out quite a bit last two days. Plenty of 'cycle' tracks in the thicker stuff within a foot of the curb....
I was wheel spinning away from lights yesterday cos of all the goo in the cycle lanes,kept away from it today.
Getting warmer up here now,4C tomorrow:biggrin:

al78

Guru
summerdays said:
The weather man on the radio this morning and also our local TV evening forecast... both seemed to be saying "If you have anything to do ... do it on Sat ... NOT Sunday", they also mentioned damaging strength winds and snow potential on the back edge of the storm ... hence why I was surprised Metcheck was just showing 14 mph when I checked it.

The storm is now forecast to go on a more southerly track so it will be northern Spain, southern France that will get the worst of it. We will likely get some rain, possibly sleet and snow as the low drags colder air around the north of it

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
al78 said:
The storm is now forecast to go on a more southerly track so it will be northern Spain, southern France that will get the worst of it. We will likely get some rain, possibly sleet and snow as the low drags colder air around the north of it

Thanks - haven't seen the news yet tonight... TV is currently being held to ransom by some lunatic rabbits!!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Was very wet today in Chichester & its still driving against my window ..I can see the surf about 100yds from my window & its brown and horrid instead of like a blue mirror ...I want my money back:biggrin:

ASC1951

Guru
Dragged myself out for my February 100 miler today. Cold, wet, foggy - just horrible. A Personal Worst, too, so I was out in it for ages.

Roll on summer indeed.

Crankarm

Guru
Haven't cleaned my rims and brake blocks for a few weeks. Was casting an eye over the bike this evening and was shocked to see that my rear Open Pro Sup CD rim only put on last year is showing some considerable premature wear. All this wet weather mud and general sh1t on the roads is awful for acting as grinding paste to wear down the rims. So the only answer is to get disc brakes, I wish, so instead clean them more regularly. Getting frozen and soaked in a NE wind coming home late last night didn't help either :biggrin:.

Roll on summer.

Globalti

Legendary Member
With last week's holiday from hell and work commitments and the weather I haven't done anything at all for several weeks. On Saturday I'm off to South Africa with my bike for 2 weeks of work then to ride the very hilly Cape Argus, 109kms. I'll just have to keep stopping to admire the stunning Cape scenery.

Plax

Guru
I've spend the majority of February abroad. I think it might become a regular occurance, I find February one of the more depressing months of the year!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Although the temperature in the flat is only 13C it feels much warmer, the sun is streaming in through the open window and warming my back.

Top Bottom