Rollerblader gets a good old fashioned dooring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a colleague a few months back. As she was leaving leaving Manchester/Salford one afternoon and stuck in a double line of traffic, she saw in her mirrors a skateboarder travelling at speed through the line of cars behind her. Said skateboarder passed her car and two cars ahead was stopped dead by the edge of an opening passenger door. :wacko:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It was a 360 camera on a selfie stick.
Wow, that is what I thought at first but at the impact the hand holding something snaps to one side and the camera does not. If it is a self stick then that is some serious technology.

edit - I looked it up, yes a 360 camera on a selfie stick. That is awesome.

Last edited:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It could almost be passed off as skilfully intentional the way he seemed to land into the corner of the wall and sat down.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blimey, now I understand.... he's holding the camera himself! I thought he had a buddy going ahead of him.

But it's not a 360 degree video, just a fish-eye lens that can rotate 360 in a spherical housing. So who controls the rotations? The holder or a timer?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Blimey, now I understand.... he's holding the camera himself! I thought he had a buddy going ahead of him.

But it's not a 360 degree video, just a fish-eye lens that can rotate 360 in a spherical housing. So who controls the rotations? The holder or a timer?
I think it’s is a 360 camera constantly filming 360. But you can choose the view.
the framing is probably controlled in the final edit, such as the spins. This is why the camera focuses on the lady at the end Instead of the guy holding the stick. Its all done in the edit suite. (This is all just a guess)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think it’s is a 360 camera constantly filming 360. But you can choose the view.
the framing is probably controlled in the final edit, such as the spins. This is why the camera focuses on the lady at the end Instead of the guy holding the stick. Its all done in the edit suite. (This is all just a guess)
If you can do all that with edits, you can probably fake the dooring too. Is any of it real?

Globalti

Legendary Member
So the crash was faked? If it was it would explain how he survived two bone-crunching impacts with little more than a surprised look on his face.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Don't know the lad, but a cursory trail on YouTube puts together a lot of the pieces. He's getting kudos on skater channels for widening the appeal of the sport, so check your rear wings for parasites when in town.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I work down that way (he's on Cheapside heading towards Bank junction).

In fairness to those calling him out for being a bad bellwhiff, that would have been shot early on either a Saturday or Sunday morning, because it's much busier Monday to Friday and he wouldn't have been able to do it.

I don't think anybody is particularly endangered by that, save the rollerblader himself and the girl he just about misses when he inadvertently gets spread all over the pavement.

I've seen fixed-gear plaid-cast beardie types do far more anti-social stuff than that on that stretch of highway.

Top Bottom