Rollers or Turbo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Probably the wrong forum, but it gets the most watchers so ... Anybody here used both ? I was just reading a thread on CTC and it seems that rollers are a bit tricky ... I've never used either so I'd be interested to see what y'all think?

walker

Depends what you want them for?
A turbo would be good to build power and strength, Rollers, although tricky make your pedeling efficency more, er, efficent.

stevenb

Agreed.
I use the Tacx Sirius Gel trainer. £100....and it's really good.
It's definately improved my fitness and cycling out on the roads!
:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Neither. just go out on your bike. never used rollers but bought a turbo and OMG IT WAS BORING!!!! 10 MINS SEEMED LIKE A LIFETIME!

Dave5N

Über Member
No.

buy some rollers then.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Oh God ... the indecision! thanks all, My wife's off sick after an op for the next couple of months and I feel a bit bad leaving her to swan off on rides, so just to keep in shape ( such as it is) I think I'll go for a cheap trainer.

Re the "just get yer bike out Buggi, I just opened the local paper and a bloke was attacked for his bike on the local bit of the Pennine trail - yob jumped out of the bushes and smacked him in the face with a lump of scaffold board or such like --- dead!! Trainers may be boring but they're not gonna kill you l:sad: Note to self - give bushes a wide berth. This sort of thing happens so much round here that I'm no longer shocked - thats very sad isnt it...

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello BobG.

I got a turbo last month (Cycle Ops Mag Lite or something incomprehensible like that) due to slowly mending broken leg. Yes it is the dullest thing ever and I dread each session but have to say, it's done wonders for keeping me fit and making me feel like I'm still cycling, so I'd recommend one. I would recommend mine!

Don't fancy rollers...I might fall off!

Dave5N

Über Member
Cathryn said:
Hello BobG.

I got a turbo last month (Cycle Ops Mag Lite or something incomprehensible like that) due to slowly mending broken leg. Yes it is the dullest thing ever and I dread each session but have to say, it's done wonders for keeping me fit and making me feel like I'm still cycling, so I'd recommend one. I would recommend mine!

Don't fancy rollers...I might fall off!

You'd get used to them quickly enough. My son rides them fine and he's 8, so I'm sue you could.

Top Bottom