Rollers or Turbo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
bobg said:
Oh God ... the indecision! thanks all, My wife's off sick after an op for the next couple of months and I feel a bit bad leaving her to swan off on rides, so just to keep in shape ( such as it is) I think I'll go for a cheap trainer.

Re the "just get yer bike out Buggi, I just opened the local paper and a bloke was attacked for his bike on the local bit of the Pennine trail - yob jumped out of the bushes and smacked him in the face with a lump of scaffold board or such like --- dead!! Trainers may be boring but they're not gonna kill you l:sad: Note to self - give bushes a wide berth. This sort of thing happens so much round here that I'm no longer shocked - thats very sad isnt it...
stick to the motorways! :idea:

rollers can be pretty noisy. Mine were banned from the house, which rather undercuts the worth of them.........

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Cathryn said:
Hello BobG.

I got a turbo last month (Cycle Ops Mag Lite or something incomprehensible like that) due to slowly mending broken leg. Yes it is the dullest thing ever and I dread each session but have to say, it's done wonders for keeping me fit and making me feel like I'm still cycling, so I'd recommend one. I would recommend mine!

Don't fancy rollers...I might fall off!

Thanks Cathryn, for the positive opinion I've just ordeded one - Tried it at the LBS yesterday for about 2 mins and and yeah, it was boring! Still, I can do boring ...with the aid of the afternoon play on the radio or an episode of Lewis. NB Is that still you on your avatar - I'm easily confused :becool:

Top Bottom