Rollers tyre size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
Thinking about getting my Tacx rollers out again but my TT and Carbon road bikes with 23c tyres are put away for the winter so the most accessible bike isn’t winter/commuter with 32c tyres with a bit of tread on as opposed to 23c slicks.

Question is has anyone used rollers with anything other than 23/25 slicks and had negative experience or damaged either roller or tyre?

Thinking about getting my Tacx rollers out again but my TT and Carbon road bikes with 23c tyres are put away for the winter so the most accessible bike isn’t winter/commuter with 32c tyres with a bit of tread on as opposed to 23c slicks.

Question is has anyone used rollers with anything other than 23/25 slicks and had negative experience or damaged either roller or tyre?

Jody

Stubborn git

2.1" slicks on a MTB. No trouble

Tried with 2.3" nobblies but it got way too loud and was like riding through treacle

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Wider tyres might be noisier. The best tyre is a cheap one; you don't really care about grip or rolling resistance!

Top Bottom