Rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haye13

I got a set of tracx rollers for Christmas and have been on them a few times and can ride with both hands on the bike fine but I cant go on the trainer for to long cause I hit that pain barrier and start to think I cant do it so how do I get over this?

Citius

Think differently?

Citius

So the more you do it, the less of an issue it will become, and the further you will get before you get a lactate build up. Alternatively, you could wind in the effort a bit...

ayceejay

Guru
You are probably pedalling like hell to aid your balance and this is part of the learning process, once you realize that this is not necessary you will change gear still stay upright and relax

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
What do you mean by pain barrier?
Our club's been running a weekly spin class throughout the winter. Every week after about 5 mins I'm thinking exactly the same thing: "I can't keep this going for another 55 mins!" But you do, everyone does.
You have two options. Either slow it down a tad, or just get used to the pain and carry on regardless!
Or the third option - a mixture of option 1 and 2! :smile:

Like @ayceejay says, gear up therefore drop your cadence. Then all you need to do is enjoy and worry about being on there so long, and racking up so many kms, that you can't feel yer nuts. What is your average speed and how long are you on them for please?

Top Bottom