Brompton Rollers - A Cautionary Tale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Saw this on FB this morning, a Titanium rear triangle fitted with what looks like scooter wheels as rollers, damaged on a flight.

Apparently if it had been fitted with Brompton Eazy Wheels probably wouldn't have happened as they are designed to be sacrificial.

Hope they’re insured!

IMG_0981.jpeg

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
if it had been fitted with Brompton Eazy Wheels probably wouldn't have happened as they are designed to be sacrificial.
That's interesting. I didn't know that.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Saw this on FB this morning, a Titanium rear triangle fitted with what looks like scooter wheels as rollers, damaged on a flight.

Apparently if it had been fitted with Brompton Eazy Wheels probably wouldn't have happened as they are designed to be sacrificial.

Hope they’re insured!

View attachment 701043

Ouch! That’s gonna hurt.

And

Why the feck can’t people take photos without their grotty feckin feet in them?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Good starting point for a discussion about bike-helmets. :laugh:

just No.....

Alarmingly my Brompton has similar wheels, they were a very early mod I made as my feet kept catching on the originals. Having said that, i switched them over about 14 years ago, no issues so far 🤞

u_i

Über Member
There is a secondary line here: It is relatively easy to repair steel - essentially any framebuilder will do it and mine repaired the ears to a better state than original. However, it is next to impossible to repair titanium.

Top Bottom