Ron Hill Bikesters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
They are extremely uncool.

Rushes off to order a pair right away :cheers:

My green tracksters of 15 years vintage need replacing.

Unless someone knows where I can get a replacement pair of green tracksters? I can only find blue or black :biggrin:.

soulful dog

Veteran
Pompey Princess said:
Typical though - found the blokey versions's on special offer, but no ladies deals - cheapest so far, £23. :smile:

What is the sizing like for the blokes ones??
I bought a pair of the bog standard gents bikesters for £13 from Wiggle. I'm a 16 and usually look for trousers in the petite range, and the gents small size fit fine if that's any help...

longers said:
Rushes off to order a pair right away :smile:

My green tracksters of 15 years vintage need replacing.

Unless someone knows where I can get a replacement pair of green tracksters? I can only find blue or black :biggrin:.

Green: I've never seen green ones. Are you sure they're green. Have you tried putting them in the washing machine :?:

Chuffy said:
Anyway. Ronhill Bikesters. I've got a pair but I'm banned from wearing them in public because I keep getting the urge to shout 'TACKLE HIM BOY!' at passing schoolchildren.

Functional legwear but bloody ugly.

If you wear the ordinary ones with a climbing harness, it kinda lifts and seperates your knackers and displays them nicely to the world. :smile::blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have the bikesters for commuting on the MTB (slicked) - they are good, cheap, fab quality, no insert, but I wear shorts under.

Working in an area that is 'infested' with young female students (90% female) I think it better to be walking into the office with slightly more discrete tights (i.e. bikesters), than full blown road lycra.....I generally get comments from female staff when I turn up in the road stuff - "ohh very fit and active"...... some near 40 year old in full lycra is scary for 18-23 year olds......I'd be locked up..........

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Dave5N said:
I love them. I have a pair on now. (under my jeans! ;))
That's even worse than wearing Speedos because you've run out of pants.

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Thanks Soulful! That's helpful...

I don't care how uncool I look - my current tightwear are cheapy Aldi ones so just moving into different uncool circles!! ;)

kyuss

Veteran
fossyant said:
Working in an area that is 'infested' with young female students (90% female) I think it better to be walking into the office with slightly more discrete tights (i.e. bikesters), than full blown road lycra.....

They're not exactly discrete though. I used to wear them too until I realised they didn't exactly hide my tackle. I looked like a badly packed blackpudding. It's not like they are particularly baggy, they just look a bit Nora Batty around the legs. Personally I'd rather have proper lycra longs which at least show off my sprinters thighs and calves and help draw the eye away from my 'bits'.

I've got two pairs of them. I seem to have come across a flaw though. On both pairs I've worn holes in both legs just below my crotch (now, now ladies!). Of course I seem to have the problems with just about every pair of trousers I've ever had. So I probably can't fault the bikesters.

Damn, that big thigh chaffing! ;):smile:

Top Bottom