Ron Hill Bikesters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
I wear them a lot, usually as outer covering over bike shorts + knee warmers. They tend to go at the 4-way junction where 4 pieces of material join together. They are not too immodest that way.

Anyone seen runners in those new-fangled compression tights? Oh my:blush:! I don't think stuff that tight does either gender any favors.

Plax

Guru
Wow, I didn't know a thread on bikesters could be so exciting!
I have a couple of pairs of bikesters. Love them. Must be a bloke thing for them to wear out though, mine are still going strong (perhaps stop "adjusting" yourselves so much might help :tongue:).

I have one pair, but I keep them for when I'm out on long rides on trails with the mountain bike. Otherwise it would have to be my bib longs - great for commuting, but not so easy to cope with on longer rides when a loo break is needed!

I have just realised - I'm wearing them in my avatar!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Gooutdoors.co.uk have tracksters on special offer. The skintight classics for £8.99 and the Trackster Trek, which are a more generous (and dare I say more modest) cut are £17.99. The Trek are a bit thicker and have front zipped pockets.

ChrisKH

Guru
magnatom said:
I've got two pairs of them. I seem to have come across a flaw though. On both pairs I've worn holes in both legs just below my crotch (now, now ladies!). Of course I seem to have the problems with just about every pair of trousers I've ever had. So I probably can't fault the bikesters.

Damn, that big thigh chaffing! :biggrin::smile:

My thighs are so large I wear my Bikester's out from the outside. ;)

Actually they're wearing there, from where I carry the folder down the station platform and they rub on the bike. :biggrin:

Bodhbh

Guru
magnatom said:
I've got two pairs of them. I seem to have come across a flaw though. On both pairs I've worn holes in both legs just below my crotch (now, now ladies!). Of course I seem to have the problems with just about every pair of trousers I've ever had.
I bought a pair to try recently and noticed after 2 rides their were 2 fuzzy patches between the legs where the seat had already made a start on wearing holes thru them, so you're not the only one.

Top Bottom