Ron Kitching ride, York, 23rd June 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry about that DCL - but difficulties with recent 50-60 mile hilly rides have convinced me that I need to lose weight and get fit before tackling 90+ miles worth of hills again!

I hope you don't have a problem getting a place on this ride. If you do the 150 km - you really must have a go at Rosedale Chimney. I've never been up it but I watched many pros get off and walk up it on the Kellogs Tour of Britain about 20 years ago! They were way over-geared for it. It was one of the few climbs I've seen on the TV that actually looked really steep. Usually, the camera tends to reduce the apparent steepness.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sorry about that DCL - but difficulties with recent 50-60 mile hilly rides have convinced me that I need to lose weight and get fit before tackling 90+ miles worth of hills again!

I hope you don't have a problem getting a place on this ride. If you do the 150 km - you really must have a go at Rosedale Chimney. I've never been up it but I watched many pros get off and walk up it on the Kellogs Tour of Britain about 20 years ago! They were way over-geared for it. It was one of the few climbs I've seen on the TV that actually looked really steep. Usually, the camera tends to reduce the apparent steepness.

Thanks Colin - don't worry. I'm sure you'll be doing the big hilly rides soon.

I've walked up Rosedale Chimney, but that was 15 years ago. And it was steep.

Top Bottom