Ron Thomas frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Howmanybikes

Howmanybikes

Regular
Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure what to do with it, either build it up into a bike, or sell it on as really it's a little small for me.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
There's a little bit too small and there's really too small. My preferred frame size is 23 1/2" but I've kept a 22 1/2" Raleigh 531 hybrid because it just rides too nicely to get rid of, even though it means having to have slightly more seatpost on display than is really decent on a steel bike and the bar height maxed out. I wouldn't be so willing to compromise on the sizing of a cheapo gas pipe frame, but nice butted frames don't always turn up at the right money in perfect sizes.

OP
OP
Howmanybikes

Howmanybikes

Regular
I concur, I have bikes that range from 24" to 22" and to be honest you don't really notice the difference, so long as the seat to bar distance is right, and that is easy to do by changing the stem or moving the seat position. My LOOK is only 22" and is a joy to ride, so I think I may well keep the Ron Thomas, now nicknamed John Thomas😏

midlife

Guru
I'd keep it too :smile: way back when it looked odd with more than a fistful of seatpost showing but nowadays looks normal. Nitto do a stem with a long post if you need to raise the bars a bit.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I would never describe really small frames with high saddles as normal - they look totally ridiculous IMHO, but a mere extra inch of seatpost is a different matter to a child sized bike being ridden by a grown man. Really huge frames with a slammed saddle don't look right either come to think of it. A fistful of seatpost looks how a bike should look.

Top Bottom