Ron Thomas frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howmanybikes

Regular
Hi, just come across a Ron Thomas 22inch frame. It is a lovely looking frame, with RT pantograph on each of the front fork shoulders. The bottom bracket has the frame number and Letchworth stamped into it, together with the campagnolo headset it weighs in at 2.67kg. If anyone has any information on Ron Thomas, and dating the frame, I would be grateful. On Google I did come across a thread that said he died earlier this year. But can't find it again!.

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Welcome, pics would be nice :smile:

Built for Pat Rohan customers amon others I believe. Is there anything on the seat stay caps.

701347e87ea92223f21f3bc7c09dae89d88218e5.jpg

OP
OP
Howmanybikes

Howmanybikes

Regular
Hi, I have seen this photo in my search for information,the colour is the same, though the seat stays end behind the seat tube and form the seat post clamp. When I am allowed I will post pictures, but as a newby I can't just yet.

OP
OP
Howmanybikes

Howmanybikes

Regular
Probably because I'm dislexic🙉 yes it is RT, getting my John Thomas mixed into it! Should keep it in my trousers😁

OP
OP
Howmanybikes

Howmanybikes

Regular
RT pantograph/autograph I've attached a photo it may not be allowed,

OP
OP
Howmanybikes

Howmanybikes

Regular
Ohhhh! That’s nice. Looks like a 70’s light tourer with those braze ons. Sometimes called a Demi Course. The Italianate seat stay arrangement took skill :smile:. Top frame
The vertical campagnolo rear dropouts are, I think from around 1980, so maybe with the tourer braze ons it could date to around very late 70s to early 80s. Unless I can find more info on dating the frame number, that's as close as I can get.

midlife

Guru
My avatar is my Jackson frame BB from about 1975 which has vertical dropouts which have been around since the 60’s. The top tube cable guides and the over BB guides point to the late 70’s to early 80’s as you say. Are the brakes nutted or Allen key. Really is a fab frame :smile:

Top Bottom