Ronaldo spits at cameraman?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
What a lovely boy, his mother must be proud !

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I doubt I'd be at my most charming if some camera man started sticking a camera in my face while trudging off the field having lost a World Cup match.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For sure, but no need for that behaviour. At the end of the day having cameras in your face after a match is part of the job.

Yellow Fang said:
I doubt I'd be at my most charming if some camera man started sticking a camera in my face while trudging off the field having lost a World Cup match.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think it's like he said, pretty frustrated at the game play of Portugal and lack of service. But that's the sort of behaviour you get off Ronaldo.

Yellow Fang said:

For 100k a week the camerman could spit at me.:laugh:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
No excuse. There's a big gap between being frustrated and the way in which you express / deal with that frustration. Like so many 'young stars', Ronaldo is immature, spoiled and unpleasant.

on the road

Über Member
When is he going to grow up? :biggrin:

darkstar

lets not go overboard here people, he spat towards the ground in the direction of the camera, NOT at the camera. There is a huge difference.

As for people like FM claiming he's 'unpleasant', how can you justify that sort of comment? Now i'm not a fan of his, but I would never pass judgement on him purely for his on-pitch antics.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You're right, it's unfair to describe him as "immature, spoiled and unpleasant". What I should have said is that he appears to me to be immature, spoiled and unpleasant.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
darkstar said:
As for people like FM claiming he's 'unpleasant', how can you justify that sort of comment? Now i'm not a fan of his, but I would never pass judgement on him purely for his on-pitch antics.

It's things like the notorious wink that give him this image. Perhaps unfair but he keeps on and on doing things to reinforce this.

darkstar

marinyork said:
It's things like the notorious wink that give him this image. Perhaps unfair but he keeps on and on doing things to reinforce this.
Unfortunately football has a deep undercurrent of unsporting behavior. It's part of the game, the majority of players are guilty, not just Ronaldo.

I really don't think spitting down at the ground whilst looking into a camera lens is particularly shocking or disgraceful. Anyone who does is a delicate little flower and should be shielded from everything...

darkstar

Flying Dodo said:
I'd consider any form of spitting to be a disgusting habit.
On the street, then yes. Playing sport? No. Cyclists, runners, rugby players, footballers, tennis players spit, some more than others.

Top Bottom