Ronde de Vlaanderen 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Starting this a bit early as I am going to watch it :okay:
I'm probably a bit too excited for a man in his late-40s :blush:

The website gives loads of great information, but anyone got any personal experience of watching it and "need to know" info.?

We are staying in Gent, and I think I have worked out how the transport/shuttles work.

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know a great boozer in Gent:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't help with spectator advice, having never been over there.

As for the race itself ... What I was thinking was that with Boonen and Cancellara out through injury and Geraint Thomas on such great form, is there a chance that he could actually win the RVV this year?

U

User169

I'd stand on Oudenaarde Kwaremond.

The riders pass three times, there's a big screen and beer and chips!

Edit: V envious of Marmion. The atmosphere at RVV is just the best! Amstel Gold and LBLfor me this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Couch

Über Member
I'd go for the Paterberg (although you'll have to be there veeeeerrrrry early to have a good spot)

Then at least you'll get to see Vanmarcke drop the rest of the favourites ;)
(Sorry, you English blokes, I'm still sticking to my earlier prediction, nothing against GT... but he isn't turning into my top favourite)

U

User169

I'd go for the Paterberg (although you'll have to be there veeeeerrrrry early to have a good spot)

)

That was kinda my point. Oude Kwaremont is a longer drag, so there's a bit more scope for getting a peek at the riders. As you say though, Paterberg often sees the critical move.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry

The riders pass three times, there's a big screen and beer and chips!

Edit: V envious of Marmion. The atmosphere at RVV is just the best! Amstel Gold and LBLfor me this year.

Then at least you'll get to see Vanmarcke drop the rest of the favourites ;)
(Sorry, you English blokes, I'm still sticking to my earlier prediction, nothing against GT... but he isn't turning into my top favourite)

I was thinking the Kwaremond would be the best option for spectating and eating/drinking and big screen, but there is the attraction of Paterberg and potentially seeing the winning move. I'm leaning towards the Kwaremond at present, but might need a convincing argument to sway the others away from Paterberg - I think beer and chips might be sufficient to sway them tho ;)

U

User169

I was thinking the Kwaremond would be the best option for spectating and eating/drinking and big screen, but there is the attraction of Paterberg and potentially seeing the winning move. I'm leaning towards the Kwaremond at present, but might need a convincing argument to sway the others away from Paterberg - I think beer and chips might be sufficient to sway them tho ;)

Not sure this helps, but I think there's also a big screen, beer and frites at Paterberg too!

Top Bottom