Ronnie O'Sullivan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

The best what? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Naw. I think other people have won more than him but he's regarded by some to be the most natural talented.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
On a seperate note though, Alex Higgins - what a character !

Higgins was the best player to watch at the table, much faster than either O'sullivan or White and he pulled off the most unconventional shots. Somewhere in the ITV archives there is a shot of him potting a black that you would have to see to believe during a single frame TV tournament.

Steve 'Interesting' Davis surely?

Rob S

Steven Hendry is the best player to pick up a cue but Ronnie is probably the most watchable now that Jimmy White is well past his prime.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Melvil said:
Many people are saying he's the best that ever picked up a snooker cue. Are they right?

He's the best I've seen play although I haven't seen Joe Davis, Pullman etc. I don't think he's the most psychologically stable snooker player though, infact a fair way below average which lets everyone else in with a chance.

Other players like Hendry are obviously great but I think if Hendry had started out much later he'd have only won about 3 or 4 titles instead of 7 - still classes as a great. I also think that John Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams would have won 1 or 2 more each had they started out earlier.

Top Bottom