1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Melvil, 29 Apr 2008.

1. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Many people are saying he's the best that ever picked up a snooker cue. Are they right?

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Has he won more than anyone else?

3. Renard

Renard Guest

The best what? :biggrin:

4. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Naw. I think other people have won more than him but he's regarded by some to be the most natural talented.

5. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

[Cockney accent] Is 'is old man still doing stir?[Cockney accent]

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

If he's the most naturally talented then why isn't he better than everyone else?

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

He is the most naturally talented, but he is not the most consistant. That one goes to Stephen Hendry in the modern game, and Joe davis in the far less competitive earlier times.

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

>Ronnie O'Sullivan

I cycle just like he plays snooker ! :biggrin:

9. yenrod

yenrod Guest

On a seperate note though, Alex Higgins - what a character !

10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Higgins was the best player to watch at the table, much faster than either O'sullivan or White and he pulled off the most unconventional shots. Somewhere in the ITV archives there is a shot of him potting a black that you would have to see to believe during a single frame TV tournament.

11. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Steve 'Interesting' Davis surely?

12. Rob S

Rob S New Member

Steven Hendry is the best player to pick up a cue but Ronnie is probably the most watchable now that Jimmy White is well past his prime.

13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

14. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

He's the best I've seen play although I haven't seen Joe Davis, Pullman etc. I don't think he's the most psychologically stable snooker player though, infact a fair way below average which lets everyone else in with a chance.

Other players like Hendry are obviously great but I think if Hendry had started out much later he'd have only won about 3 or 4 titles instead of 7 - still classes as a great. I also think that John Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams would have won 1 or 2 more each had they started out earlier.

15. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Fortunately I don't. It would be 5 minutes 20 seconds too long for me :angry: