Roof Mounted Carriers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gelfy666

Über Member
im after a roof mounted carrier for my mondeo as ive already got roof bars for the car
, can anyone recommend one that theyve got themselves, ive only got a budget of up to £100, but this dosnt mean i want to spend the whole £100.
for 2 bikes or 1 bike 1 kyaak.

D

Deleted member 23692

I've two of these and am very happy with them as they do exactly what they are supposed to. http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?TU532

2 would be well within your budget too ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Keep an eye out for Halfords Advanced roof racks. They often do two for one. They are the same as the lower end Thule racks (exactly the same).

Got 4 of these on my roof bars. Does take two people to lift onto the roof though.

Kies

I have the thule 591 cycle carrier. Great bit of kit and no issues at 80mph with bike on top.

gavgav

Guru
Been thinking of getting roof bars fitted to my honda civic, rather than having to wrestle with getting the bike inside the car and seats down, etc. Did your bars for the Mondeo cost much?

400bhp

Guru
Don't try and drive into car parks with a height restriction barrier.

And don't try to drive into a barn with a sloping roof.

I didn't do these two things within 2 weeks of each other and have to buy new roof bars, new forks,new brakes and a roof respray. Nope, not me.:whistle:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My clubmate has driven into the same bridge with a bike on the top... twice!

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I have 3 of the Cruz Bike rack Gs from roofbox. The ones for about £2. They work well, and have locks too. The roof bars for my Fusion cost £60 from a local motor factors, again with locks. All seems secure with mine and the girls' bikes on.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I have a pair of Thule 591 and 4 Halfords Advanced, generally running 4 up on top of our trailer tent. Not experienced problems with either, but I prefer the 591's, they just feel that bit more secure.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Halfords 'Value' roof mounted carrier at £20 is a good start point.
Be careful with these - the U bolts that hold the carrier to the roof bar are quite narrow, so they only work on square roof bars. I bought these originally, but had to take them back.

Top Bottom