Room 101

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I've just turned over from the canal programme, why do you think it's anti cycling?

Lonestar

Veteran
Plenty of meatheads around,seems to be a hobby nowadays.Thats why I don't watch the Clarkson tripe.Apart from the fact tin boxes killing machines aren't my thing.

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
It just happened to come on after my better half's soap fest and I heard out of the corner of my ear (you know what I mean): "If you're a fan of lycra, turn over now".

It was the usual I'm afraid. One person has one or two bad experiences with a person who happens, at the time, to be using a bicycle as their mode of transport and suddenly, all lycra clad cyclists are tossers.

snorri

Legendary Member
and suddenly, all lycra clad cyclists are tossers.
That's ok, as long as the rest of us weren't in the firing line^_^.

tyred

Legendary Member
Cycling in lycra, how dreadfully common old chap.
th?id=OIP.lKkWEt9PbQ5rS4rgOp4ZgAAAAA&pid=15.jpg

Lonestar

Veteran
It just happened to come on after my better half's soap fest and I heard out of the corner of my ear (you know what I mean): "If you're a fan of lycra, turn over now".

It was the usual I'm afraid. One person has one or two bad experiences with a person who happens, at the time, to be using a bicycle as their mode of transport and suddenly, all lycra clad cyclists are tossers.

I'm not a fan of lycra but I never have a problem with this program as I never watch it anyway.On your second comment it's probably more to do with a bias which can at times be ramped up by the media.

Top Bottom