Rose Bikes of Westbury, Wiltshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
Of the top of my head about £27.... Incidentally just been on the Rose site to check delivery on my bike, latest delivery time is in 54 weeks!! I'm hoping that is a new year glitch in the system or I too will be looking for a new bike.

Do you not have a relative in the UK who could order for you.... Transfer the money to me I'll do it for you!

Kbrook

Veteran
Incidentally if you want a road bike they have the csl 2000 for £800, available immediately. Brilliant value.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Of the top of my head about £27.... Incidentally just been on the Rose site to check delivery on my bike, latest delivery time is in 54 weeks!! I'm hoping that is a new year glitch in the system or I too will be looking for a new bike.

Do you not have a relative in the UK who could order for you.... Transfer the money to me I'll do it for you!

I had thought of sending it to a relative, That's funny coz the delivery cost to Spain is €27.50 .
We will be in the UK from 12th -18th then our next visit is at the end of February but the actual date is based on the cheap flights.
Do they speak good English if I rang the Germany number do you know?
Thanks for the offer to order it for me if I give you the money that's not a bad idea.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Boon...yes really good English and just as important it's a freephone number.

Ok thats good... I expect they will be back to work on Friday after the new year so I will ring then, I'm sure we can get over the payment problem so its just the delivery to worry about but I will chat to the guys in Germany and see what they can come up with.
Was filling in the bike order form OK or was there any snags?
Cheers Paul

Kbrook

Veteran
Straightforward ordering, if you want to change anything after order just ring them up and they will change it for you, I've done it a couple of times after order. They don't take any money from you until they start the build, I'm yet to pay anything. Don't forget there is a 30 day right to return if you get it and don't like it or it doesn't fit.

As for the colour I'm sure you have done your research but this is a good photo of the DX 2000
http://imageshack.com/i/10g9pfj

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Straightforward ordering, if you want to change anything after order just ring them up and they will change it for you, I've done it a couple of times after order. They don't take any money from you until they start the build, I'm yet to pay anything. Don't forget there is a 30 day right to return if you get it and don't like it or it doesn't fit.

As for the colour I'm sure you have done your research but this is a good photo of the DX 2000
http://imageshack.com/i/10g9pfj

Yep, that's a good photo, decisions, decisions, carbon or white. :scratch:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I suppose the sizing is pretty honest like a size 54 is a 54..

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I suppose the sizing is pretty honest like a size 54 is a 54..

Experience of my Rose bike and a brief thread on here a while ago suggests Rose come up big for their size.

I would suggest going for the smaller if you are stuck between two sizes.

Changing the bike will be something of a faff, but you can do it.

Rose conditions are that you can examine the goods 'as you would in a shop', and you may return them without giving any reason.

I take that to mean you can build the bike and ride it a metre or two across your lounge carpet - enough of a test to determine if it's the correct size.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Experience of my Rose bike and a brief thread on here a while ago suggests Rose come up big for their size.

I would suggest going for the smaller if you are stuck between two sizes.

Changing the bike will be something of a faff, but you can do it.

Rose conditions are that you can examine the goods 'as you would in a shop', and you may return them without giving any reason.

I take that to mean you can build the bike and ride it a metre or two across your lounge carpet - enough of a test to determine if it's the correct size.

Thanks Pale Rider.. I have read somewhere that a Rose and another couple of makes are a bit bigger. I'm normally a 54 but to be honest I've tried a 52 and I found it just a good a ride even a BMC 51 was OK..
Cheers.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
My Xeon CRS 51cm is exactly that - from BB centre to the very top of the seat tube. The centre to centre measurement is around 48cm.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
On the DX 2000 it give you an upgrade on the wheels from Mavic 29's to some DT swiss at an extra cost of £68 pounds, so are they loads better or should I just get an after market pair which is what I was gong to do in the first place.

Top Bottom