Rose Bikes of Westbury, Wiltshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Curved ball time....
Went to the Trek shop for a chat and the mechanic asked if I had sorted a cyclesross bike out yet to which I replied yes I think so...Why?
He said I have a 6 week old Trek Crockett 5 2015 that I don't like so its up for sale it was €1600 new but you can have it for €800 which is what it cost me, I went for a ride on it and it was pretty good but I said I would think about it..
When I got home I googled the bike and Lakeside leisure sell them at £1400 now that's way to dear but at € 800 which at today's rate of 130€ to the pound makes the Crockett 5 the princely sum £610.. say £600 thats £400 cheaper then the others..mmmmmmm

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Need a hand to do the configuration and the web site so if someone has a few minutes to spare I would be grateful.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Well done did you do it online or ring them? What colour?

Hi mate... Well, online but with two phone calls in between as the info for what I wanted to order didn't read right.

In one of the sections I needed to tick was what cassette I wanted fitted, I opted for the 11-32 but on the data sheet it only came up as 11 speed..so not clear to me. I had to ring them and they told me to write my request in the box provided..

The second phone call was because my visa card was refused because my computer has a Spanish ISP combined with buying something in Germany and sending it to the UK freaked the bank out! This took ages to sort out but I suppose the bank were looking after me so can't complain.

I'm due to visit the UK from the 12th to the 18th of Jan in a week or so's time and my next visit to the UK will be the last week in Feb so the bike should have arrived by the second visit as they said it would be 6 weeks delivery time.
It was hard to choose which colour but I went for the carbon in the end..

Robeh

i live a mile away from kingdom ave westbury,i didnt realise rose bikes were there...
in fact i work oposite that address lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
i live a mile away from kingdom ave westbury,i didnt realise rose bikes were there...
in fact i work oposite that address lol

I didn't actually deal deal with the westbury shop as every time I phoned I got an answer machine so I dealt with the Rose people in Germany who were very helpful..

Leodis

Veteran
Ordered DX 3000 Hydr and they told me 10 week wait, I called them and I got another email saying 5 weeks but that was 2 weeks ago and the online over thingy is saying 4 weeks. They are in competition for the most inaccurate estimates with Canyon.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I ordered my cyclecross DX 2000 on Jan 2nd but I'm not in a hurry at this moment in time..

Top Bottom