Rose Bikes Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Ordered some Mavic open pros with 105 hubs built up with DB spokes , was going to buy the parts and get them built up but was cheaper buying them already built.

Anyone had any experience with Rose bikes with these wheels or similar ?

arch684

Veteran
Hi I have mavic open pro with 105 hubs. got them built by wheelcraft up here in scotland. they are IMO excellent wheels they seem to roll for ever

OP
OP
U

User6179

Hi I have mavic open pro with 105 hubs. got them built by wheelcraft up here in scotland. they are IMO excellent wheels they seem to roll for ever

Used Wheelcraft myself a couple of times :thumbsup:

I went for 36 spokes , not the lightest but neither am I ^_^

I've got some of the Open Pros with 105 hubs from Rose - I've had them for a bit over a year (probably about 5000 miles on them), and haven't had any problems with them - though I don't use them for loaded touring, just general road riding.

OP
OP
U

User6179

I've got some of the Open Pros with 105 hubs from Rose - I've had them for a bit over a year (probably about 5000 miles on them), and haven't had any problems with them - though I don't use them for loaded touring, just general road riding.

Good to hear , How long did they take to deliver ?

Not long - I think it was within a week. Though it might depend on whether they have any built up in stock - I previously bought some different wheels from Rose a cople of years ago for my hybrid, and had to wait as they didn't have the right parts in stock to build them.

OP
OP
U

User6179

OP
OP
U

User6179

They came today , spokes were all twisted , as I put weight on the wheel I could hear them pinging ( untwisting ) .

Front wheel 1-2mm out of true
rear wheel 4-5 mm out of true and not been dished correctly .
Chucked them back in the box and will phone Rose when they reopen.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
They came today , spokes were all twisted , as I put weight on the wheel I could hear them pinging ( untwisting ) .

Front wheel 1-2mm out of true
rear wheel 4-5 mm out of true and not been dished correctly .
Chucked them back in the box and will phone Rose when they reopen.
That's a bit poor. I have a set of wheels from them on my tourer http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/atb-wheel-set-28700-c-dt-swiss-tk-540--xt-780/aid:556187. Had them on about 3 years, not sure of mileage, but carried me 17-19stone & luggage with no problems & are still true. I would have no hesitation recommending them & I can be a bit anal when i comes to things like this :blush:
Hopefully there customer service is as good as the wheels I received :thumbsup:

PpPete

Legendary Member
At least they have a good returns system.
Free for small parts, I hope it is with wheels also.

I've never had any probs with components from them.
In fact Mrs PpP has one of their rear hubs on her good bike and I have one of their R490 rims.
But for anything more than a trip to the shops I only ever trust my own wheel build. I know there are some good professional wheel builders out there, some of them likely doing a better job than I can - and cheaper. But I prefer to know exactly what I and my nearest and dearest are riding. Upwards of 30 000 miles now between us since I started building and yet to break a spoke.

OP
OP
U

User6179

Spent a hour straightening out the back wheel , front wheel I will leave till its had a run , So easy to true with 36 spokes but not sure if there is enough tension in them , might still need to put them in some where.

Wheels cost the same as parts here if not cheaper so not to bothered if I have to pay to get the back wheel right, still will work out cheaper than getting them hand built in UK .

Top Bottom