Rossin bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ludwig

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Many thanks for your replies and the for Rossin blog link which is very interesting. I have attached a picture of the lug at the seatpost end. It is oval on the vertical at about 2 inches at the handle bar end and is compressed at the seatpost end on the horizontal axis. It would be intersting to see if there are any other steel bikes like this. It looked like a very ordinary bike to look at but as it seemed to feel light and have quality components including a Mavic wheel I realised it might be something special.
I was looking to buy somthing on ebay but always kept getting outbid at the last minute. I have seen various interesting raceers which I regret not buying including a Raleigh Team Banana 80's classic at a charity shop and a couple of ligtweights at an antiques and collectors centre.
My latest project is a Claud Butler handbuilt bike with 501 tubing and a Brooks saddle which I bought for £10 at a carbootsale at Churchstoke a while ago. It was a bit of a wreck but I've stripped it down, cleaned it up and it rides very well.

Attachments

• rossin  seat.jpg
    rossin seat.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 69

raindog

er.....
I have attached a picture of the lug at the seatpost end. It is oval on the vertical at about 2 inches at the handle bar end and is compressed at the seatpost end on the horizontal axis. It would be intersting to see if there are any other steel bikes like this.
Here's a pic of my mate's Taurus which has similar (maybe identical?) Columbus MS profiled tubes. The seat tube is oval at the bottom bracket end, tapering to round at the seat post end, obviously to facilitate the fitting of a standard seat post.
Taurus was a Cambridge bike shop - anyone remember them? - run between 1986 and 1992, and the frames were made by a bloke called Richard Girdler.
Think you'll agree, it's a nice bike.

Taurus Columbus MS Dom low res.jpg

Top Bottom