Rotor crank cap compatibility with Shimano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rliu

Veteran
Hi all, wanted to know if anyone knows the old Rotor 3D cranksets can be fitted with a Shimano road or MTB crank cap?
8202.jpg

This is the type I'm talking about. You fasten it with a 5mm (? not too sure) allen key rather than the Shimano crank cap tool. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if it's the same size and diameter as the Rotor official one, which costs £12-14 rather than £2-3 for the Shimano one.

U

User6179

Hi all, wanted to know if anyone knows the old Rotor 3D cranksets can be fitted with a Shimano road or MTB crank cap?
View attachment 407092

This is the type I'm talking about. You fasten it with a 5mm (? not too sure) allen key rather than the Shimano crank cap tool. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if it's the same size and diameter as the Rotor official one, which costs £12-14 rather than £2-3 for the Shimano one.

If it is BB30 then it wont fit, Shimano is smaller in diameter.

U

User6179

I think it's the 24mm version from Googling, I'm using it on the Scott CR1 SL which I believe is a BB86 press fit.

I wouldn't try it, the Shimano one just needs to be hand tight to set the preload, I think the Rotor one needs to be a lot tighter and perhaps helps hold the crank on.

Top Bottom