Rotor Q Rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swh1

swh1

I have a couple of stores where I can try them, but thank you for the link!

Eurostar

Guru
If your day job makes big demands on your legs and your living depends on your body not wearing out too fast I'd say that Q rings are a no brainer. They are kinder to your knees when pushing a big gear or climbing. (Not as kind as the RSX4 mind you.)

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

If your day job makes big demands on your legs and your living depends on your body not wearing out too fast I'd say that Q rings are a no brainer. They are kinder to your knees when pushing a big gear or climbing. (Not as kind as the RSX4 mind you.)

The injury prevention component to it is incredibly attractive. Have you had any issues with shifting between rings on them?

midlife

Guru
Its possible to run true elliptical rings on a fixed gear, ask any old timer :smile:

Shaun

Eurostar

Guru
I'm not injury prone either. I did once inflame my knees very badly because of poor cleat alignment, in the early days of clipless pedals when they had no float. It was quite scary - it happened very suddenly at the top of a col. I could hardly walk and had to call a taxi to rescue me. Since then I've been a bit more aware of such things. I want to keep cycling into my 80s without damaging myself. Any company which preaches injury prevention gets my attention. Seems to me it's more important than the usual stuff about lightness or marginally quicker shifting or whatever.

When assessing Rotor's products you have to remember that they are a small Spanish company which grew out of some university research. They don't have the hype or the marketing muscle of Shimano etc, so they tend to get overlooked as weird, outside the mainstream, unproven etc etc. Whereas they actually are very well proven if you seek out the research.

OP
OP
swh1

swh1

It really does sound like the way to go! Very keen!

Thank you for all your help guys!

Top Bottom