Rough value please??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sorry to do this, but a friend's girlfriend wants to sell her bike and he has asked me to help him as I 'know about bikes'.......:biggrin:

It is a Giant OCR 3 from about 2006 as far as I know........Sora equipped in immaculate condition.

I've tried to find out some more about it but I haven't had any joy.....I've told him to put it on ebay and it would find it's value there but apparently she would like to know how much to put it up for in the first instance.....

1055lsm.jpg

Thanks for any help that you can provide....a rough ballpark price would be great!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
*rubs chin* ooooh, 200 quid tops?

Noodley

My mate's wife bought a similar vintage Trek (also tiny in size) for 120 quid. So maybe a similar price...it looks tiny so maybe she'll get lucky if Jimmy Crankie is looking for a bike ;)

Noodley

stedlocks said:
I said to him about £150 tops, but apparently the girlfriend paid £500 ish for it???

yep, 500 quid three years ago. So much less now. A new 2006 bike would be selling for 350 quid or thereabouts in the sales in 2006. Maybe explain depreciation to her. ;)

gavintc

Guru
My wife has this bike and bought it in 2005, I think. She paid around £450. So the original price will be pretty accurate. I ride it occasionally and she has upgraded the wheels. But, I am always impressed at the ride. It is a nice bike to ride and easily upgradeable. Personally, I think she should try for around £200 mark.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
abchandler said:
If it was coming to the end of a Cycle To Work scheme, the 'fair market value' would be about £12.50
Not a great deal help are you....?

Ok.. I'd be tempted to take off
Gel seat
Spoke reflectors
Plastic saucer from behind cassette

Raise seat a little to show a little bit of seat post.

Be accurate on description.
And actually take a punt at starting the bid low.
Ok, put a reserve on it if you want.. but actually I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you list for 7 days.. but do it now not later.. an eye on the season being late.

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
I'll see what she wants to accept for it........to be fair, its a lovely looking bike and absolutely immaculate......if he wants me to sell it for her, I will make it look nicer in the exact way you described:biggrin:

and explain it well too............

If it was a bit smaller, I would have had it for my son

Top Bottom