Round of applause

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a few fair hills to climb on the way home and this is one of them. It's a couple of hundred yards at somewhere over 10%. Enough to get me out of the seat all of the way up and breathing heavily at the top.

I was on the way up yesterday when I spotted a car waiting to pull out from a junction. As I go up here at sub 10mph I nodded to the car to go ahead of me. The lady driver waved me on. Fair enough. However, as I passed I noticed that she was giving me a round of applause and a smile! ;)

Ok, so it wasn't the nice ar$e comments that some might get but it made me smile! :smile:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Heh, so it wasn't just me with the great road users yesterday then? Nice one Mags!

NigC

I got a nice ar$e comment a while back....... bloody sarcastic passenger!!! ;)

Anyway, I can see how a round of applause would make you smile :smile: Nice to here there are some decent people still left in the world :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
She applauded you for that little incline?

Nice gesture, but she's overly generous don't you think Mags?

I could back-pedal up that and still hold a conversation.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Moodyman said:
She applauded you for that little incline?

Nice gesture, but she's overly generous don't you think Mags?

LOL! ;) It's the first hill of a number of hills on the way home. The steepest being about 17%, which isn't a monster, but is a good workout to be doing every day.

Anyway, you have to remember, to non-cyclists anything that rises more than 10ft is a mountain! :smile:

magnatom said:
LOL! :tongue: It's the first hill of a number of hills on the way home. The steepest being about 17%, which isn't a monster, but is a good workout to be doing every day.

Anyway, you have to remember, to non-cyclists anything that rises more than 10ft is a mountain! :biggrin:

Aye.:laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Only joking Mags.

It is a nice gesture. I've had it a few times when running up long steep hills. Makes me feel like an Olympic marathon runner.

killiekosmos

Veteran
That's what happens when you cycle through posh suburbs :laugh:

Or maybe it was a slow handclap;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Moodyman said:
Only joking Mags.

It is a nice gesture. I've had it a few times when running up long steep hills. Makes me feel like an Olympic marathon runner.

...and that is the way I took it! :tongue:

If only there was a Tour de Glasgow stage finish at the top of the hill! :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That's what happens when you cycle through posh suburbs

I'd rather slow handclaps, than young kids shouting / throwing things when passing via not-so-posh neighbourhoods

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Moodyman said:
That's what happens when you cycle through posh suburbs

I'd rather slow handclaps, than young kids shouting / throwing things when passing via not-so-posh neighbourhoods

Or the feined jump towards you and shout.
jerkit.gif

Top Bottom