Round of applause

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by magnatom, 22 Apr 2010.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I have a few fair hills to climb on the way home and this is one of them. It's a couple of hundred yards at somewhere over 10%. Enough to get me out of the seat all of the way up and breathing heavily at the top.

I was on the way up yesterday when I spotted a car waiting to pull out from a junction. As I go up here at sub 10mph I nodded to the car to go ahead of me. The lady driver waved me on. Fair enough. However, as I passed I noticed that she was giving me a round of applause and a smile! ;)

Ok, so it wasn't the nice ar$e comments that some might get but it made me smile! :smile:

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Rabid cycle nut

Heh, so it wasn't just me with the great road users yesterday then? Nice one Mags!

3. sadjack

sadjack Senior Member

Great post, made me smile. ;)

4. NigC

NigC New Member

I got a nice ar$e comment a while back....... bloody sarcastic passenger!!! ;)

Anyway, I can see how a round of applause would make you smile :smile: Nice to here there are some decent people still left in the world :laugh:

5. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

She applauded you for that little incline?

Nice gesture, but she's overly generous don't you think Mags?

I could back-pedal up that and still hold a conversation.

6. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

LOL! ;) It's the first hill of a number of hills on the way home. The steepest being about 17%, which isn't a monster, but is a good workout to be doing every day.

Anyway, you have to remember, to non-cyclists anything that rises more than 10ft is a mountain! :smile:

7. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Aye.:laugh:

8. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Only joking Mags.

It is a nice gesture. I've had it a few times when running up long steep hills. Makes me feel like an Olympic marathon runner.

9. killiekosmos

killiekosmos Über Member

That's what happens when you cycle through posh suburbs :laugh:

Or maybe it was a slow handclap;)

10. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

...and that is the way I took it! :tongue:

If only there was a Tour de Glasgow stage finish at the top of the hill! :laugh:

11. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Aye, I was going up in the world....:laugh:

12. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

That's what happens when you cycle through posh suburbs

I'd rather slow handclaps, than young kids shouting / throwing things when passing via not-so-posh neighbourhoods

13. HaloJ

HaloJ Rabid cycle nut

Or the feined jump towards you and shout. [​IMG]

14. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

fixed that for you. :laugh:

15. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

Nice hill that Mags. Some days I wish I had a hill like that on my commute. Most days I'm glad I haven't :laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice