Route 7 north

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow scot

Veteran
Should be ok as I believe the cycle route close to parts of the A9 has been upgraded.
The only bit I’d avoid is the bit from the top of Glen Ogle where it crosses the main road. Stay on the road from there to Killin from where you rejoin Route7. It’s possible to do the bit I mention but with touring tyres. You certainly don’t need a mountain bike.
The climb up Glen Ogle on the old railway line is one of the best 30 minutes of riding anywhere in Scotland.

OP
OP
V

Vivimac47

Should be ok as I believe the cycle route close to parts of the A9 has been upgraded.
The only bit I’d avoid is the bit from the top of Glen Ogle where it crosses the main road. Stay on the road from there to Killin from where you rejoin Route7. It’s possible to do the bit I mention but with touring tyres. You certainly don’t need a mountain bike.
The climb up Glen Ogle on the old railway line is one of the best 30 minutes of riding anywhere in Scotland.
Thabks so much
So you think can do whole thing on road bikes ?
As lins as just stay on road from top of glen ogle to killin?

slow scot

Veteran
Thabks so much
So you think can do whole thing on road bikes ?
As lins as just stay on road from top of glen ogle to killin?
I’ve done it on a road touring bike with 700/28 tyres and no problems; even the slightly dodgy bit from the top of Glen Ogle to Killin.
if you‘re on lightweight wheels then the road option for that bit is my recommendation.

Baldy

Über Member
The bit from Glen Ogle to Killin is a rough gravel forestry road. It's quite steep as well, but short. Go around or walk it. The rest is fine, tarmac or smooth gravel.

Top Bottom