Route for Redhill - LE - JOG - Redhill + more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlie Crocker

This is my first post on this forum so hi.

I am at Portsmouth Uni starting my second year in October and will be doing a gap year when I have finished it (if it goes to plan it should be finished in 2010). In my gap year I am going to do a LEJOG for charity (+ many other things that I have always wanted to do). But then I thought "why not do the things that I have always wanted to do and see in my LEJOG (as many of them are miles from here." So the list of via's for the LEJOG is endless.

Basically I want the best route for this:

Redhill
Winchester
Exeter
Plymouth
Land’s End

Truro
Exeter
Cheddar Gorge
Devizes
Birmingham
Manchester
Liverpool
Bingley
Oban
John O' Groats

Sunderland
Whitby
York
Leeds
Sheffield
Nottingham
Lincoln
Canterbury
Redhill

snorri

Legendary Member
Only a student would have time to work out a "best route" to include each of these locations. The hours of planning should see your spending on beer reduced to a reasonable level too.:rolleyes:

snorri

Legendary Member
Hi Charlie
The earlier responses have been lighthearted because there really is no straightforward answer to your question. No two people would visit all of these places by the same route, but a good start would be for you to get a hold of some maps.
http://leisure.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/leisure/productDetails.jsp?item=34014&q=northern scotland
Road maps from this 1 : 250 000 series would enable you to draw up a plan. Blue roads are out of bounds and dual carriageways generally not advised for cyclists. Just draw a straight pencil line on the map between the two places you want to visit and follow the white roads nearest to the line. You will have to use the buff and red roads too at times.

Top Bottom