Route for York Cycle Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

Hi all, Im planning on coming to the York cycle show on Saturday and Ill be bringing along the mrs and her bike.
Im probably going to park at the "Designer Outlet" park and ride, and we'll both cycle from there.

Not being from the area, is the attached route suitable for the mrs as she doesnt cope too well with fast moving traffic (50+ mph)?

Similarly, is the route2 that Ive attached suitable for riding from the cycle show into York center (I might treat her for putting up with my hobby)?

Yup, great route, I use most of it every day to get to work!

Hold your nose by the poo factory though...

However a slightly more pleasant route would be to stay on the cycle path all the way to the Knavesmire. Turn right at the sun and you cant go wrong.

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

mickle said:
Turn right at the sun and you cant go wrong.

Oops ;)

I seemed to have forgot to go right, and ended up quite out the way. Luckily I had the mrs phone with gps so (eventually) got back on track. Had a really good day, spent too much money and had a lovely ride back to the Designer outlet.

Is this an annual event? If it is Ill ride from Middlesbrough and camp next year, looked really fun!

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

Ended up going about an extra mile, but wasnt too bad. Attached the route I went instead for your amusement :tongue:

OP
OP
Armegatron

Armegatron

mickle said:
There's nothing amusing about Acomb....
Ooops :becool: Did I end up in the wrong part of town?

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
There's nothing amusing about Acomb....

He didn't get to Acomb, he was in Dringhouses....

Nice detour there, well done Mike!:evil:

Yes, it's an annual event - well, it has been. There are moves afoot to change things a bit, but nothing definite yet. Anyway, there'll be plenty of notice for next year - camping gives you the chance to see York a bit more, enjoy the beer tent or (as I do, join the Velo Visionaries ride to a pub - reading the magazine is not compulsory, but you have to be happy in the company of wierd bikes...;))

Top Bottom