Route from Epsom to the ExCeL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've got a thing at the ExCeL to get to tomorrow.
Public transport will be hot, uncomfortable, expensive, and will take 1h20.

Or I can cycle the 22 miles, which might also be hot, but at least will be a million times more enjoyable, and free, and won't take a lot longer than that.

I was going to just go up the A24 to Colliers Wood, join CS7 to Kennington, hang a left over Westminster Bridge, and pick up CS3 along the river and then over the Lower Lea Crossing.

Sound OK?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sounds sane to me, although I suspect both ends of Westminster Bridge are sufficiently annoyingly badly timed at present that it's quicker to stay on CS7 to Elephant and Castle, then CS6 to Blackfriars Bridge, then basically U turn right around the station into Puddle Dock to CS3, or corkscrew left is easier but usually slower.

When you get to the roundabout where motorists turn left for the excel area, which I think is at the foot of the Lower Lea crossing, if you're on the cycleway, turn right into a scrubby road and then follow the Route 13 signs under the bridge and go to the left of the water past the cable car station. Continue along the water's edge to the 'back' of excel if you want to reach where the permanent cycle park was last year and still might be.

Top Bottom