Route Planning Assistance - C2C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gibbo9

Veteran
Hi Folks,
I am hoping to do the Coast to Coast ride over the next few weeks, the original from Morecambe Bay to Bridlington. I have searched on the internet but I cant for the life of me find any .gpx files of the route, plenty of maps but that is it.

I don't suppose anyone could help with a .gpx file please?

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing on cycle-route.com?

Or use a map to produce your own on ride with gps?

Google produced this version http://cycle.travel/map/journey/75

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just for your info Morecambe to Bridlington is the Way of the Roses. The original C2C, as you called it, goes from Workington/Whitehaven to Tynemouth/Sunderland depending on the route you chose.

PK99

Legendary Member
Hi Folks,
I am hoping to do the Coast to Coast ride over the next few weeks, the original from Morecambe Bay to Bridlington. I have searched on the internet but I cant for the life of me find any .gpx files of the route, plenty of maps but that is it.

I don't suppose anyone could help with a .gpx file please?

I'm confused...
The original C2C is whitehaven to sunderland.

The new kid on the block is Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington.

I've done both and fwiw found Way of the roses much more enjoyable.

Routes are available free on ride with gps. Search for rides starting at your chosen start point.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm confused...
The original C2C is whitehaven to sunderland.

Yeah, quite right, then those nasty Geordies realised it was a good idea and hijacked the last few miles to route it through the Toon and out to Tynemouth.

There are now several coast to coast rides, usually suggested to be completed over three days.

I think Whitehaven to Sunderland, while a good adventure, is regarded in this context as fairly easy.

Way of the Roses is much tougher.

For all of the three-day rides the second day is usually the hardest.

PK99

Legendary Member
Yeah, quite right, then those nasty Geordies realised it was a good idea and hijacked the last few miles to route it through the Toon and out to Tynemouth.

There are now several coast to coast rides, usually suggested to be completed over three days.

I think Whitehaven to Sunderland, while a good adventure, is regarded in this context as fairly easy.

Way of the Roses is much tougher.

For all of the three-day rides the second day is usually the hardest.

3 days is doable - we did each in 3 - but I intend to take 5/6 on the WoR next year, as it seemed such a pity to zoom through the edge of the Forest of Bowland, Fountains Abbey, York and a wonderful dry valley with no time to stop and enjoy.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd like to do the Way of the Roses next year, probably June time, if I can get the support driver to cooperate but she doesn't like driving places she's never driven before. I figure 5 days, no way I could do it in 3 & not sure 5 will be enough. But hopefully with plenty of practise between now & then. Has anybody done it in 5 days, wonder where your start/finish points were each day? We won't be camping it will be hotels/guest houses, only carrying when I need for the day on the bike.

Oldboots091

Way of the Roses is signposted all the way but with google maps on your phone you will be reassured.
What dates are you doing as its on my immanent list. Want to squeeze in the Devon C2C first tho ??

D

Deleted member 26715

It's just a budding idea currently, but sometime in June is likely if it goes ahead, I know me, so if I don't set a goal for next year once the cold & wet weather comes alone I'll hibernate, but it would mean doing my summer monthly average in 5 consecutive days, not sure it's feasible.

Top Bottom