Route recommendation? St Paul´s to Olympic Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ejls2

Hi all,

Sorry for the London-centric request. I work near St Paul's but am going to be working in an office in the Olympic Park (sadly not the velodrome!) every now and again over the coming weeks and months. Whenever I've tried cycling out to East London I've always ended up on huge A'roads and it hasn't been the most pleasant experience. I'm a very confident cyclist but would rather find a quieter, safer and generally more pleasant route.

My initial hunch would be to head north to where the Regent's canal towpath ends near Angel and then bash out east on the Hertford and Union canal. I used to ride it quite a lot and it was fine but if anyone has any other routes that might be faster/less full of joggers/better please let me know.

Finally, does anyone know if it's easy to get into the Olympic Park at the moment_ The offices I need toget to are really close to where the Hertfort and Union canal meets the site but that whole area has been remodelled since I used to cycle past it and I don´t know if there are bridges or any gates or anything any more.

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Ed

Mabye upwards shoreditch then across to and through Victoria park will get you close..

bazzadigz C+

I used to do a similar route (holborn to leytonstone)...I used the Rosebery Ave > Regents Canal > Past Victoria Park (that gets you to the olympic park area)

tweedsteed

Hit Regents Canal as people have said above, get off at Hackney Wick and you should be able to find your way from there.

subaqua

What’s the point
opens in most mapping software programs, strave endomondo mapmyride, Garmin etc . I ride the bishopsgate to hackney wick route as my way home its fairly quiet.

Attachments

• St pauls to olympic park.gpx
    6.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
E

ejls2

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the replies. I'm afraid I forgot to watch the thread and was so busy I didn't check back so have only just picked them up. I've tried a few different routes but the canal does seem to be fastest. Will give it a few more goes and report back with a definitive answer.

Thanks again and all the best,

Ed

Top Bottom