Route request - Capenhurst to Chester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

headcoat

Über Member
Hi all
I have been doing the commute from Capenhurst station (sometimes from Hooton) to Chester for about 5 years now, and have a number of routes, mainly country roads, cycle paths and canals.

Recently I have been going through Mollington and dropping onto the A540 (Parkgate Road), over the Countess Roandabout and joining the Millennium Greenway. This route is great apart from the A540, my other alternative is going through Backford and along the A41 then joining the canal. The trouble with this is the state of the towpath and you can't get a descent speed up.

Does any one have any ideas on other routes I can take, ideally traffic free or at least little traffic and not hurtling past me at 60mph.

Thanks

si_c

Guru
If you're going from Capenhurst, I'd drop straight down Capenhurst lane to the A540, then down Woodbank lane picking up NCN563, which drops you off in Deeside industrial estate. Straight onto the Greenway.

From hooton, i'd actually go a completely different route, up through Hooton Village, then through Rivacre country park, and through Little Sutton, going through the back of Cheshire Oaks, and then down through Picton, and pick up the Greenway at the other end in Mickle Trafford.

Either way is nice and quiet usually, even around busier times of day. Woodbank might be a bit busier around rush hour as it can be a link through to Deeside, but I think most people use Welsh Road instead.

si_c

Guru
It really depends on where you are starting from. I'm assuming you are getting the train to Hooton and Capenhurst, so there might be a better/quicker way that involves a bit more riding.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am not sure if this works

It appears that it does if you click the 2 links seperately.

<iframe name="plotaroute_map_163908" src="https://www.plotaroute.com/embedmap/163908?units=km&maptype=paths" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="970" height="600" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe><p style="margin-top:8px;"><a href="https://www.plotaroute.com/route/163908" target="_blank" title="View this route map on plotaroute.com" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,arial;font-size:11px;">View route map for Capenhurst To Chester on plotaroute.com</a></p>

Top Bottom