Route Request: London CS1 White Hart Ln to Fore St

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What's best? Obvious options West to East:
1. Turn off CS1 before its current end by the stadium, head to Bull Lane to cross the N Circ at the straight underpass (ETA: this one has no-cycling signs), then head to Park Road to Fore St.
2. Similar to 1 but use Pretoria Rd and use the hospital hairpin underpass, then head to Park Rd.
3. Similar to 2 but cross the railway into College Gdns (edit: this bridge has "cyclists dismount" signs) and join Fore St to cross the N Circ at the huge junction.
4. Join the A1010 from CS1 where they meet, use the bus lanes where/when they exist and just suck it up the rest of the way until the Fore St cycleways start.
5. Go around the east side of Tottenham's stadium, through the 20mph streets and rejoin Fore St just before or at the N Circ.
6. As 5, but use the hairpin-ramp bridge over the N Circ and join Fore St from Folkestone Rd.

Also, does anyone think any of these are likely to improve in the next year or two enough to change the decision? It seems a bit odd that there's a gap between CS1 and Edmonton but I guess some council is dragging its feet.

ETA Map link: https://www.cyclosm.org/#map=15/51.6102/-0.0671/cyclosm

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
What's best? Obvious options West to East:
1. Turn off CS1 before its current end by the stadium, head to Bull Lane to cross the N Circ at the straight underpass (ETA: this one has no-cycling signs), then head to Park Road to Fore St.
2. Similar to 1 but use Pretoria Rd and use the hospital hairpin underpass, then head to Park Rd.
3. Similar to 2 but cross the railway into College Gdns (edit: this bridge has "cyclists dismount" signs) and join Fore St to cross the N Circ at the huge junction.
4. Join the A1010 from CS1 where they meet, use the bus lanes where/when they exist and just suck it up the rest of the way until the Fore St cycleways start.
4. Go around the east side of Tottenham's stadium, through the 20mph streets and rejoin Fore St just before or at the N Circ.
5 As 4, but use the hairpin-ramp bridge over the N Circ and join Fore St from Folkestone Rd.

Also, does anyone think any of these are likely to improve in the next year or two enough to change the decision? It seems a bit odd that there's a gap between CS1 and Edmonton but I guess some council is dragging its feet.

ETA Map link: https://www.cyclosm.org/#map=15/51.6102/-0.0671/cyclosm
Why not just cycle down Tottenham high Road, and cross over the NCR at the traffic lights, the NCR goes under Fore Street in a tunnel.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Why not just cycle down Tottenham high Road, and cross over the NCR at the traffic lights, the NCR goes under Fore Street in a tunnel.
It's an option (4,in fact) but the bus lane stops and starts and I'm not very fast these days, nor that good with bad fumey air. How busy is it?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Long time since I did it, and I'm not sure of your exact start and ending point.

You could go due east from the Spurs stadium past Northumberland Park railway station then turn north (left) to pick up the cycle tracks beside the River Lea.

The track goes under the now graded A406 junction.

You would then need to fork left to head north west to join Fore Street.

Pleasant enough route on lightly trafficked residential streets and cycle paths.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It's an option (4,in fact) but the bus lane stops and starts and I'm not very fast these days, nor that good with bad fumey air. How busy is it?
It's no worse than any other main road in and around north London, but it is no problem cycling down. The speed of the traffic is about the same as cycling speeds.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Long time since I did it, and I'm not sure of your exact start and ending point.
Start King's Cross, end in Enfield near the mini-Holland.

You could go due east from the Spurs stadium past Northumberland Park railway station then turn north (left) to pick up the cycle tracks beside the River Lea.

The track goes under the now graded A406 junction.

You would then need to fork left to head north west to join Fore Street.

Pleasant enough route on lightly trafficked residential streets and cycle paths.
Are the Lea tracks still gravel there? Seems a bit far east but I'll bear it in mind as an option.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Well-made gravel as far as I know.

Might be too far east starting from Kings Cross, although if you were still on CS1 by the time you got to Seven Sisters, you could nip across to Tottenham Hale and pick up the track earlier.

Pretty much flat after Seven Sisters, too.

While bowling along this bit you could hum: "Saturday night beneath the plastic palm trees, dancing to the rhythm of The Guns of Navarone.
"Found my Mecca near Tottenham Hale station, I discovered heaven in the Seven Sisters Road."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwMutJ-lM8

Last edited:
Top Bottom