Routers, Routers, Routers everywhere....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I have got : Sky Hub 2, BT Hub 2, Sky B/Band Router, and 2 Netgear routers. I wonder what'll happen if I connect them all together..........

OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

I have worked out how to piggy back t'interweb through them all by disabling DHCP and changing IP addresses.....thinking of using Sky hub as a modem and getting a good n/ac router for the home network. Not allowed to plug anything except Sky hub into socket to get fibre, but there's nothing said about how I distriibute it around my house

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I have got : Sky Hub 2, BT Hub 2, Sky B/Band Router, and 2 Netgear routers. I wonder what'll happen if I connect them all together..........

Depends on how well DHCP works on these routers.

I have a Netgear router connected to a TPLink router and configured the TPLink to restrict the bandwidth to the Netgear router to ~128kpbs. I then connect anything I don't enjoy having on my network (like company laptops) to the Netgear router, and don't suffer when it tries to sync huge amounts of useless data off the company servers onto the company laptop..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

The wifi from a sky router is quite good!
'tis pants....54Mbps from a supposedly 801.n router is rubbish

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
The WiFi on the EE BrightBox 2 we got when we upgraded to fibre broadband is much better than the Netgear we had previously. So much so that I've yet to feel the need to use the Ethernet socket I installed near my bed. Ho hum...

Top Bottom