routes off road aound otley

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by amandaclimb, 22 Apr 2010.

1. amandaclimb

amandaclimb New Member

Any 1 know any please

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

You need to discover the joy of the Ordnance Survey's 1 in 25,000 maps. This one or the one to the east: http://leisure.ordnancesurvey.co.uk...rfedale-and-washburn-valley/pid-9780319237953

3. Jodami84

Jodami84 New Member

cant post links to any, but you shouldnt be short of options. I quite like going up through danefield and around the chevin. Plenty of bridleways and footpaths to get around on. Living in Guiseley, i like to go up on to Netherfield road, across the bridleway up by the quarry and back round. Grab a drink up at the Royalty before coming back. Some fun to be had in Esholt Woods, too

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Be aware that if you ride on footpaths you will have a lot of stiles and gates to lift the bike over and you will be hated by ramblers. Bikes are supposed to stick to bridleways, though for me a farm track that's classified on the map as footpath is fair game.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice