Rouvy from ipad to tv help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

Finally converted my shed to a half shed, half bike room. See attached. Does anyone know how I can stream rouvy from my ipad to my hisense tv? I can stream you tube to it. I just go into you tube and there's a mirror button to press and I see my tv listed and hey presto. I don't have this option in rouvy. Can anyone help?

Matt

Attachments

• 20220510_171234 (002).jpg
    20220510_171234 (002).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 45

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Apple TV or an old fashioned cable.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Apple tv is too expensive for me for what I need. A cable would work but rather looking for a streaming solution. Surely it's possible? The ipad and tv are just a metre apart....

SydZ

Über Member
Had you tried screen mirroring? Pull down from the top right hand side of the iPad screen and select the two overlapping rectangles. It your TV is supported then you will be able to select it from the list.

Failing that that are some apps available in the app store that support MiraCast and ChromeCast. Some can be a bit laggy to check out the free trials first.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Wouldn't the simplest way be to connect the iPad and TV via cable? If you want it wireless, then it's probably some 3rd party app.

PS: That screen is way, way to high on the wall - your neck will suffer a lot.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I've been thinking that as well. The kids want a bigger tv there to use as a movie room. I might have to have a rethink on the height for sure.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Failing that that are some apps available in the app store that support MiraCast and ChromeCast. Some can be a bit laggy to check out the free trials first.

I'll look into this thank you. Screen mirroring works for you tube but noting else it seems

SydZ

Über Member
I have a Chromecast and Apple TV plugged into the living room TV and a Now TV stick and a Firestick plugged into a projector.

Apple products play nice with the Apple TV and Mrs SydZ android devices play nice with the others.

A second hand Apple TV may be the way to go. Doesn’t need to be a 4k one.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi, I need some more help. So I cycled today. Screen was a bit high Peter I agree but looking at the ipad as well helped. My problem is the screen mirroring works fine but when I play spotify on the ipad, the sound then comes out on the tv screen rather than my ear buds (ear buds connected to ipad via bluetooth). I then had to use my phone's spotify. Anyway know if this is fixable?

alex_cycles

Veteran
I use one of these with an HDMI cable to connect my iPad to a TV. It's brilliant. I was using a chromecast before and this gives you an order of magnitude better experience with Zwifting. I'm guessing it will be the same for other apps. I doubt it will help with the spotify issue. That sounds like you need to force spotify to send the sound to bluetooth rather than device speakers.

Top Bottom