Rouvy Ipad screen upside down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

When in Rouvy the screen flips on my ipad and it can't autorotate back even though I have the ipad auto rotate settings on. This is annoying as then the ipad buttons are at the top left of the ipad when it sits in the bike ipad holder and I'd like the ipad's buttons on the bottom right. Does that make sense? Anyone else getting this?

Matt

If you’re saying that the Rouvy screen is the right way up when the iPad is one way around only and not when rotated 180° then yes, that happens on mine too. It’s also not saving my login details.

Hi,

When in Rouvy the screen flips on my ipad and it can't autorotate back even though I have the ipad auto rotate settings on. This is annoying as then the ipad buttons are at the top left of the ipad when it sits in the bike ipad holder and I'd like the ipad's buttons on the bottom right. Does that make sense? Anyone else getting this?

Matt

Can you take auto rotate off ? Does that make any difference?

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
If you’re saying that the Rouvy screen is the right way up when the iPad is one way around only and not when rotated 180° then yes, that happens on mine too. It’s also not saving my login details.

Exactly. I want to choose which way up my ipad goes and the screen doesn't autorotate for rouvy but does for other apps

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Can you take auto rotate off ? Does that make any difference?

So if you have the auto rotation lock on so it doesn't rotate. Open up rouvy with the ipad buttons at the bottom right. The home screen logo comes on correctly and then the screen flips so the screen is then upside down.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The app has probably been written that way.

I have written a puzzle game app which crams a lot of information onto a phone screen. It really wouldn't work well in landscape mode so I locked it to portrait mode. If I turn the phone upside down, the game is displayed upside down.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I posted a query about it on reddit and the 'rouvy' expert hasn't confirmed it one way or another. There must more of us using it who find it annoying? Maybe it is just me!

nicocyclo

Regular
It's funny that I tried it based on your comment and you are right. When I launch the Rouvy app I could rotate with my screen but then it will switch to one side and is it fixed. But in one moment when I play with it and costantly rotate with my screen, it worked for a while.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I still haven't found a way to have the screen the 'right' way yet i.e. with the ipad volume buttons at the bottom right.

Dadam

iPads don’t have a “right way up”, even the ones with a home button. Convention is the home button is at the bottom but that isn’t set in stone. Later ones that don’t have a home button it matters even less. In the OS there will be a default screen orientation, and the app must have been coded without taking account of the orientation. I guess your options are to use the ipad in the default screen orientation and put up with where the buttons are, or wait for an update.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
iPads don’t have a “right way up”, even the ones with a home button. Convention is the home button is at the bottom but that isn’t set in stone. Later ones that don’t have a home button it matters even less. In the OS there will be a default screen orientation, and the app must have been coded without taking account of the orientation. I guess your options are to use the ipad in the default screen orientation and put up with where the buttons are, or wait for an update.

Agreed but the problem is my ipad holder covers the buttons when I need them! I'm not surprised this is something for them to remedy but surprised no-one is complaining about this. Perhaps I'm just a 'moaner' lol!

Dadam

If it's the volume buttons can you not just use the on screen controls (swipe down from top right to access the "control centre"). Alternatively, maybe you could adapt the holder, drill some holes to access the buttons.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
If it's the volume buttons can you not just use the on screen controls (swipe down from top right to access the "control centre"). Alternatively, maybe you could adapt the holder, drill some holes to access the buttons.
I could adapt it I guess, that's a thought. But I just thought it was me being a bit 'thick' so thought I'd cross check with some experts here.

Top Bottom