Roval E5 Fusee Star wheelset - will it go 11 speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrMajestic

I've got a set of the above mentioned wheels lurking on dying Specialized Allez Expert which I've loved since '06. The wheels were its second pair and ripped off a Transition I never loved at all. Now the Allez frame is corroded and looking dangerous I want to switch what parts I can to a new or s/h alloy frame and use this as a speedy winter trainer for days when the weather ain't so bad as to need mudguards. I'm thinking of going 1x11 and was wondering if my Roval E5 Fusee Star hub would take an XT M8000 11 speed 11-40 cassette??

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got a set of the above mentioned wheels lurking on dying Specialized Allez Expert which I've loved since '06. The wheels were its second pair and ripped off a Transition I never loved at all. Now the Allez frame is corroded and looking dangerous I want to switch what parts I can to a new or s/h alloy frame and use this as a speedy winter trainer for days when the weather ain't so bad as to need mudguards. I'm thinking of going 1x11 and was wondering if my Roval E5 Fusee Star hub would take an XT M8000 11 speed 11-40 cassette??
They will if you swap the freehub for a 11.

Top Bottom