Rowan Attkinson - smug?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
That was the first time I'd seen Rowan Atkinson the person rather than one of his characters. I'm not sure why the perception "smug", personally I thought he was rather dignified. He's obviously extremely talented and having set a new track record then he was bound to be feeling happy with himself. I think if I had only a small part of his talent, then I'd be feeling pretty happy with myself too.

I liked his talents but comes across badly...
anyone who can crash a car with that level of grip on a public road has been doing something stupid and dangerous

Maybe he should grow up and stop re-playing teenage fantasies

Don't beat Rowan up over it. It was probably Boldrick's cunning plan that made him hit that tree. We all know what Boldrick's cunning plans are like.. prone to failure.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That was the first time I'd seen Rowan Atkinson the person rather than one of his characters. I'm not sure why the perception "smug", personally I thought he was rather dignified. He's obviously extremely talented and having set a new track record then he was bound to be feeling happy with himself. I think if I had only a small part of his talent, then I'd be feeling pretty happy with myself too.

The surprising thing for me was that his Top Gear lap was fast but very controlled; the kind of driving that looked deceptively slow. I didn't have him down as someone who would wrap his car round a lamppost.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I see today that Rowan has crashed his F1 car into a tree. Is it me or did he come over as a smug git on Top Gear the other day? I normally warm to all of the guests but he left me feeling cold.

PIJ

Has he crashed another one?

I remember him crashing one about 10 years ago.

edit... "In 1999, Atkinson damaged the bonnet of the car – ... – in a low-speed shunt."

That'll be the 'other' 'crash'... i remember the newspapers claimed he'd 'written off his million pound car'

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1494647"]
I thought he came across as a decent bloke on Top Gear.
[/quote]

Likewise. He seemed like somebody you could sit down with had have a chat. Simon Cowell is by far the smuggest git to ever enter the Top Gear studio.

Likewise. He seemed like somebody you could sit down with had have a chat. Simon Cowell is by far the smuggest git to ever enter the Top Gear studio.
+1 :thumbsup: and regardless of anything else he's ever done or will ever do, Rowan Atkinson will always be judged against the phenomenon that was the legendary Blackadder, (first series aside).

Top Bottom