Rowing machines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Hi,

Thinking about getting one - quite enjoyed it when I was recovering from my broken hip/humerus - helped me recover, and also good exercise for my arms....don't normally get much exercise there as my main forms of exercise are cycling (of course) and running. So anyone got one? Do they use it much? Would I get a good one for around £500?

Thanks in advance....

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Water Rower, second hand. Smooth, quiet, nice.

PK99

Legendary Member
Hi,

Thinking about getting one - quite enjoyed it when I was recovering from my broken hip/humerus - helped me recover, and also good exercise for my arms....don't normally get much exercise there as my main forms of exercise are cycling (of course) and running. So anyone got one? Do they use it much? Would I get a good one for around £500?

Thanks in advance....

Two worth thinking about:

https://www.concept2.com/
Standard model for many gyms - I've used it a lot.
The go-to model for competitive rowers to Olympic standard.
Metrics are great
Ugly as sin but very functional.
As good a training aid as the Watt bike.
[Edit] Bloody noisy

https://www.waterrower.co.uk/
I used to have one, but discovered cycling and stopped using it.
Much more realistic "on the water" feel than the Concept 2 and the whooshing water sound is rather "Zen"
Don't know what current models are like but metrics on mine (10 years ago) were far to basic compared to Concept.
Very pretty, solid wood frame, looks fine in standing in the corner of room.

Don't consider the hydraulic "working against a shock absorber" type, they are just brutal hard work with no feedback - I used to have one of these before the water rower.

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Concept 2 - I've got the T-shirt :hyper:
1000000.jpg

kynikos

Veteran
We've had a Concept2 Model D since 2006. It's a great piece of kit and as good now as when it came out of the packaging.

You should be able to pick up a second-hand one within your budget.

ianbarton

Veteran
thanks for your replies, I'm probably going to order the Concept 2 - got a few nectar points to redeem to ease the pain of the cost....
My son rowed for several years and his boat won some international competitions. We bought a Concept 2, which was what the rowing club used. When he decided to give up rowing, as he was at the point where he would have to dedicate his whole life to it to carry on, we managed to sell it for a reasonable price.

Top Bottom