Royal mail email..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The emails are good, the text messages I am also receiving at 7am whenever I am due to receive a parcel isn't quite to great.

I am up, so it doesn't wake me, but it isn't great for to text someone at 7am, well not in my book anyway.

I turn the phone off, and leave it that way for weeks on end. It works.

jay clock

Massive member
I had one the other day. Later on I was sitting at my desk, heard the letterbox rattle and about 1.0000345 seconds later my pc pinged with an email to say that the item had arrived.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Had one the other day. Wasn't really very happy as had to go out before postie was due, and expected Wiggle to pack V small items in V large box, therefore predicted outcome being non delivery, card through letter box, 20 mile round trip to sorting office, usual 25 min wait in queue to collect parcel etc etc. Amazed on my return to find items on floor in hall sensibly packed in jiffy bag. Haribo too. At that very moment I became aware that the item had been delivered, so the subsequent email informing me of that fact seemed somewhat unnecessary .........

jay clock

Massive member
Had one the other day. Wasn't really very happy as had to go out before postie was due, and expected Wiggle to pack V small items in V large box, therefore predicted outcome being non delivery, card through letter box, 20 mile round trip to sorting office, usual 25 min wait in queue to collect parcel etc etc. Amazed on my return to find items on floor in hall sensibly packed in jiffy bag. Haribo too. At that very moment I became aware that the item had been delivered, so the subsequent email informing me of that fact seemed somewhat unnecessary .........
why were you unhappy? Without the email they would have delivered anyway, or failed to if too big. And the email advising of arrival could have been useful if you were out and needed to know if it had arrived or not

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
why were you unhappy? Without the email they would have delivered anyway, or failed to if too big. And the email advising of arrival could have been useful if you were out and needed to know if it had arrived or not
Because of my (incorrect) prediction that I was facing a trip to the sorting office (again - I had to collect a parcel from the sorting office just a few days before). I would rather not have known, not anticipated, and picked up the postcard or found the package on my return. 90% of the time someone is in, but we had to go out on this occasion. Being told a package was going to be delivered and not being able to be there to receive it was the problem. I can see it will be useful in the future.

NorvernRob

RM can now do this due to the fairly new 'Tracked' service. All Tracked parcels are scanned into the delivery office so the system knows they will be delivered that day, then they are scanned again with the PDA on the doorstep and confirmed as delivered/not delivered. This is then uploaded to the system and it can inform you straight away that your parcel has been attempted.

RM have plans to barcode every parcel within a couple of years, so a doorstep scan would confirm that all parcels had been delivered/attempted. It will certainly stop the a Ebay scammers who claim anything not signed for didn't arrive!

Top Bottom